2016 GMC Canyon
Get it now starting at $27,950
2016 GMC Canyon
If you are interested in a mid-size pickup that handles as athletically as it looks, check out the 2016 GMC Canyon, available now to Fishers and Indianapolis drivers at Andy Mohr Buick GMC. With an upscale interior cabin and a versatile powertrain, this 2016 model is sure to accommodate drivers who want a comfortable ride to match the reliable power under the hood.Find Your New Canyon Secure this offer
Trims and Pricing
To guarantee that there is a 2016 GMC Canyon for every driver, GMC engineers have designed three distinct trims suited to a variety of driving needs:
- 2016 GMC Canyon: $27,950 MSRP
- 2016 GMC Canyon SLE: $31,330 MSRP
- 2016 GMC Canyon SLT: $34,845 MSRP
Built with premium materials and a high level of standard equipment, the 2016 GMC Canyon is a testament to rugged form and constant functionality. Bold bevelled lines above the wheelbase and skirting the vehicle's midsection lend a contemporary feel to the pickup's traditionally boxy frame. A standard CornerStep rear bumper juts past the truck bed's rear end, while a pair of projector-beam headlamps and a chrome-accented front fascia round out its robust anterior hood. Those looking for a little extra utility can take advantage of such options as an EZ-Lift and Lower tailgate and 13 upper tie-downs that add to the vehicle's ultimate carrying capacity.
Specializing in resilient performance capabilities, the 2016 GMC Canyon packs a formidable punch under the hood. Designed with three available powertrains and a six-speed automatic transmission across the board, the 2016 Canyon is sure to impress any drivers looking for power in their pickup:
- Duramax 2.8L I-4 Turbo Diesel Engine: The base engine for all 2016 Canyon models, this set-up allows the Canyon to produce 181 hp and 369 lb-ft of torque.
- 6L V6 Engine: This available engine is rated at 305 hp and still boasts an estimated EPA fuel economy rating of 26 mpg on the highway. Properly equipped, this engine allows the 2016 Canyon to tow up to a maximum capacity of 7,000 pounds.
- 5L Four-Cylinder Engine: The most powerful four-cylinder powertrain in its segment, this engine achieves 200 hp and earns 27 highway mpg, according to EPA estimates.
Interior Design and Features
While the 2016 GMC Canyon sports a powerful engine, it also ensures that passengers will enjoy their ride anytime they step inside. Offering a broad selection of interior amenities, the Canyon gives drivers access to features that enhance both comfort and convenience:
- Rear Vision Camera: Each 2016 GMC Canyon comes equipped with a standard rear-view camera that alerts you to potential obstructions behind your vehicle.
- 4G LTE WiFi Capabilities: Stay connected to the internet with this available feature that turns your interior cabin into a mobile hotspot.
- Apple CarPlay: This new feature allows you to connect your iPhone to the 2016 Canyon while projecting your phone's navigation and entertainment interfaces onto an 8-inch diagonal color touch screen display.
Advanced Safety Technology
While the 2016 GMC Canyon offers drivers numerous accommodations in the way of power and interior comfort, it certainly doesn't sacrifice safety as a priority. Some of the premium safety technologies the 2016 Canyon employs include:
- Driver Alert Technologies: Both Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning are available safety features that work in conjunction with cameras to keep you alert at all times.
- StabiliTrak: This electronic traction system assists in regaining stability when driving under hazardous conditions.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System: Stay aware of the status of your tires with this system that alerts you when it detects underinflated tires.
2016 GMC Canyon Reviews
As a confident standout in the mid-size pickup segment, the 2016 GMC Canyon has caught the attention of critics who have much to say about this impressive offering:
- The Car Connection praised its versatility, asserting that "if a pickup truck is high on your shopping list ... a mid-size truck like the 2016 Canyon should be at the top of your must-drive list."
- Car and Driver was impressed by its luxurious interior, which they believed "looks a little more like what you'd expect in a truck costing almost $40K."
- Car Gurus noted its superior efficiency capabilities, telling readers that "a Canyon will return unexpectedly good gas mileage, especially if you spend lots of time piling on highway miles."
Test Drive the 2016 GMC Canyon Today
To get a firsthand grasp of why the 2016 GMC Canyon has Fishers and Indianapolis drivers on the edge of their seats, visit us at Andy Mohr Buick GMC at 9295 E. 131st St. today. Feel free to contact us online or by phone at 317-489-0684 for more information!Contact Us